Monday, December 10, 2007

The Book Thief

I have been thinking about words since finishing The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. I thoroughly enjoyed this book. What a triumph when Liesel learns to read and she discovers the power of words. It is amazing how words change things. How they can sway a nation.

Perhaps the book hits home with me because learning to read was not an easy feat. I had an intuitive mother and an amazing first grade teacher. Unfortunately, I don't remember her name but I believe that there was divine intervention when I was placed in her class. They had me tested for learning disabilities and I was diagnosed with dyslexia. I learned to read and became the booklover that I am today.

I am going to have to blog more on the power of words and my teachers past and present.

No comments: